Installing MinimServer 2 on Melco N1 EX Series, N10 or N100
This page describes how to install MinimServer 2 on a Melco N1 EX Series, N10 or N100.
For details of how to install MinimServer 2 on a Melco N1 (not EX Series) running firmware 3.92 or lower, see this page.
Updating your firmware
This section does not apply if you have a Melco N1 EX Series or if you have a Melco N10 or N100 running firmware version 4.01 or higher.
If you have a Melco N10 or N100 running firmware 1.03 or lower, you need to update the Melco firmware before you can install MinimServer 2.
- Update the Melco firmware to 4.01 or higher from the internet or from a USB flash drive
- When your N10 or N100 restarts, MinimServer 0.8 will not be running
- To install MinimServer 2, continue with the instructions in the following section
Installing MinimServer 2
- From the Melco front panel main menu, select Settings > Music Database > Media Server App
- Select MinimServer
- The version of MinimServer 2 to be installed will be shown
- Select OK to download and install MinimServer 2
- The Media Server App menu will show MinimServer as selected. Installing and selecting MinimServer automatically stops TwonkyServer.
- If you were previously running MinimServer 0.8, some of your property settings from MinimServer 0.8 might not be active. This is because you are running MinimServer 2 Starter Edition, which has limited configurability. Your previous property settings will be enabled automatically when you activate a free 30-day trial of the full version of MinimServer 2 or when you purchase and activate a MinimServer 2 full license.
- If you were previously running MinimStreamer on MinimServer 0.8, MinimStreamer will no longer be installed. If you want to use MinimStreamer, you need to install MinimStreamer 2 by following the instructions in the Installing MinimStreamer section. Your previous MinimStreamer property settings will be migrated automatically.
- MinimServer 2 will scan your music library. This scan might take some time.
- You can check whether the scan is still running by selecting Status > Music Database from the front panel. If this shows 'Starting', the scan is still running. If this shows 'Running', the scan has finished.
- When the scan has finished, MinimServer will appear in your UPnP control app
- You can use your UPnP control app to browse your library and select music for playing
- To activate a free 30-day trial of the full version of MinimServer 2, open the MinimServer 2 configuration web page by selecting Settings > Music Database > Configure MinimServer from the Melco front panel main menu and copying the URL shown there into the address bar of a web browser. After clicking through the License page and Welcome page, select the License tab and follow the instructions there.
- For information about purchasing a MinimServer 2 full license, see this page. After purchasing the license, you need to activate it on your Melco. To do this, open the MinimServer 2 configuration page as described above, select the License tab and follow the instructions there.