MinimServer 2 License Options
MinimServer 2 offers a choice of license options to meet the needs of different users.
MinimServer 2 Starter Edition makes it easy to get started with MinimServer. A new web-based user interface makes Starter Edition easy to manage and configure. To keep things simple, Starter Edition has few configuration options. There is a new Quick start guide that covers everything you need to get up and running. Starter Edition has no license fee and does not expire. For details of the features available in Starter Edition, see the Starter Edition page.
By purchasing a full license for MinimServer 2, you can use all of the functionality provided by previous versions of MinimServer together with some important new features:
- Profiles make it easier to manaqe your configuration settings. You can create multiple profiles with different configuration settings and switch between them easily. You can export and import profiles for backup or sharing with other users.
- The menus that MinimServer shows in your control point app are now fully internationalized with a number of languages already supported and more to come.
- The new web-based configuration interface makes it easier to configure and manage MinimServer from any device that can run a web browser.
- [NEW] When browsing your library, you can see artwork for artists (and composers, etc.) instead of a generic image.
- [NEW] When browsing your library, you can see music that has been added recently and music that has been played recently.
- Future enhancements: Other new features that MinimServer users have requested are planned for implementation in MinimServer 2. These include additions to the web-based configuration interface that should eliminate the need to use MinimWatch, improvements to rescanning and much more.
Your full license does not expire and covers up to three installations of MinimServer. These installations can be on any of the platforms that MinimServer supports. For example, you might want to run MinimServer on a NAS and also on a PC or Mac.
To purchase a full license, visit this page.
You can try all the features of MinimServer 2 at no cost by activating a trial license. For a 30-day trial period, this gives you everything you would get by purchasing a full license, with no limitations or restrictions.
To activate your trial license, select the License tab from the MinimServer 2 configuration web page and follow the instructions there.
At the end of your trial, you can either revert to Starter Edition or you can purchase a full license to continue using all the features of the full version of MinimServer 2.
Your purchase of a full license includes all MinimServer updates and new versions for 12 months. After this period, you can purchase a license extension to continue receiving updates for a further 12 months. If you don't purchase this license extension, MinimServer will continue to work with no expiry date but you will no longer receive further updates.
The optional MinimStreamer extension is available only with a MinimServer full license. This continues the current approach of MinimStreamer being licensed for a limited period with an expiry date. Your MinimServer full license allows you to use MinimStreamer for 12 months with all updates and new versions included. After this period, if you purchase a license extension for MinimServer updates (see above), this also extends your MinimStreamer license (including updates and new versions) for the same 12 months.
The following table summarizes the differences between license options.
|Starter Edition||Trial license||Full license|
|License expiry||no||30 days||no|
|MinimServer updates||yes||30 days||12 months (can extend)|
|no||30 days||12 months (can extend)|