Installing MinimServer and MinimWatch
You should install MinimServer on the computer or NAS that holds your music collection. This could be a Windows PC, a Mac, a Linux PC, or a NAS. If your music is on an external drive attached to a computer, you should install MinimServer on that computer. If your music is on a NAS that doesn't support installing MinimServer, you can access the NAS from a computer as an external drive, with MinimServer installed on that computer. You'll need the computer or NAS where you've installed MinimServer to be running whenever you're browsing your music collection or playing music.
You should install MinimWatch if you want to use some other computer to configure or manage your MinimServer installation. If you've installed MinimServer on a NAS, you'll definitely need to do this. If you've installed MinimServer on a computer that you use mainly as a server, you can install MinimWatch on another computer to manage MinimServer more conveniently. You don't need to be running MinimWatch to browse your music collection or play music.
After you've installed MinimServer (and MinimWatch if needed), you might want to install the optional MinimStreamer package to enable stream transcoding and other features. See the MinimStreamer website for more information and installation instructions.
You can find instructions for installing MinimServer and MinimWatch on all supported platforms by following these links:
- Installing MinimServer and MinimWatch on Windows
- Installing MinimServer and MinimWatch on Mac
- Installing MinimServer and MinimWatch on Linux
- Installing MinimServer on the Raspberry Pi
- Installing MinimServer on a QNAP NAS
- Installing MinimServer on a Synology NAS
- Installing MinimServer on an ASUSTOR NAS
- Installing MinimServer on a Melco N1, N10 or N100
- Installing MinimServer on a NETGEAR ReadyNAS