Installing MinimWatch on Windows
Table of contents
Installing Java on Windows
MinimWatch is written in Java and requires Java 7 or later to be installed. If you don't already have Java installed, you can download and install the latest version of the Oracle Java Runtime Environment (JRE) from this page. If you're running 64-bit Windows and you don't already have Java installed, you should choose the Windows Offline (64-bit) download.
Installing or updating MinimWatch on Windows
Before installing MinimWatch, make sure there isn't a previous version of MinimWatch running. If MinimWatch is running, select Exit from the minim icon before starting the installation.
- Download the file MinimWatch-0.8.4-install.exe from the Downloads page.
- Double-click the downloaded file to launch the Windows installer for MinimWatch.
- If a User Account Control dialog appears, choose "Allow" or "Yes".
- Follow the instructions in the installer prompts.
- Select the option to launch MinimWatch when the installation is finished.
MinimWatch will display a tray icon for each MinimServer instance running on
another computer or NAS on your local network.
The tray icon has a minim symbol and its colour shows the status of the MinimServer instance:
- If the icon is yellow, MinimServer is starting
- If the icon is green, MinimServer is running normally
- If the icon is red, MinimServer has detected an error
- If the icon is white, MinimServer is stopped
- If the icon is grey, no instances of MinimServer were detected
Note: The minim icon might appear in the overflow area of the system tray (accessed by clicking the upward-pointing arrow in the system tray).
Note: Instances of MinimServer running on the same computer aren't displayed as MinimWatch tray icons. This would be confusing, because they're already displayed as MinimServer tray icons.
- For each tray icon that isn't grey, you can use the tray icon's pop-up menu to configure and manage the MinimServer instance that the tray icon represents. See the Controlling MinimServer using the minim icon section for details of the available menu selections.
Uninstalling MinimWatch on Windows
Before uninstalling MinimWatch, make sure MinimWatch isn't running. If MinimWatch is running, select Exit from the minim icon before starting the uninstallation.
To uninstall MinimWatch, open the Control Panel and select Programs and Features. Scroll to the entry for MinimWatch and double-click it to run the uninstaller.