Installing MinimServer on a QNAP NAS
Table of contents
Important: The instructions on this page tell you how to install and update MinimServer on a QNAP NAS with firmware level QTS 4.0 or higher. If your NAS firmware level is 3.8.3 or lower, please refer to the instructions on the Installing MinimServer on a QNAP NAS with older firmware page.
Installing or updating MinimServer
This section describes how to install or update MinimServer on your QNAP NAS.
MinimServer is written in Java and requires the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to be installed before you can install and run MinimServer. The instructions in this section show you how to update Java to the latest level as well as how to install or update MinimServer.
- Login to the QNAP desktop and launch the App Center.
- Select My Apps if this isn't already selected. If a package named JRE or JRE_ARM is shown in My Apps and the version number is less than 8.0.0, click the package icon and select Remove to remove the package.
- Select Developer Tools. You should see a package named JRE or JRE_ARM. If this package has a button named 'Add To QTS', click this button to install the package. If this package has a button named 'Update', click this button to update the package to the latest level.
- Select My Apps and check that the JRE or JRE_ARM package is enabled (the icon should be orange, not grey).
- Select Entertainment. You should see a package named MinimServer. If this package has a button named 'Add To QTS', click this button to install the package. If this package has a button named 'Update', click this button to update the package to the latest level.
- Select My Apps and check that the MinimServer package is enabled (the icon should be green, not grey).
- From My Apps, click the Open button for the MinimServer package. The MinimServer Status page should be displayed in your web browser. For additional information on setting up MinimServer, see the Setting up MinimServer section.
- When updated versions of Java or MinimServer become available, the App Center will notify you about the update and will show an 'Update' button in My Apps to enable you install the update.
Setting up MinimServer
- If you've followed the above installation steps for Java and MinimServer successfully, the MinimServer Status page should be displayed in your web browser and you should be able to see MinimServer as a UPnP server from a UPnP control point. If not, go to "System Logs" from the QNAP administration page and check whether there's an error message from MinimServer. If the system log doesn't show any MinimServer errors, see the Startup problems section for further suggestions.
- The MinimServer installer sets the initial content directory to /share/Multimedia or /share/Qmultimedia, depending on your model of QNAP NAS. The content directory is the top-level directory that contains your music files. If the default setting matches the location of your music library, you should be able to browse and play the contents of your music library in a UPnP control point.
- If your music files are in some other location, you can use the MinimServer Status page in your web browser to enter a different content directory location and click the Update button to activate this setting.
- If you want to install the latest MinimServer updates, add more content directories or change MinimServer configuration settings, you'll need to install MinimWatch on another computer (Windows, Mac or Linux) on your local network. Installing MinimWatch also allows you to monitor the status of MinimServer and view the MinimServer log. You can find instructions for installing MinimWatch on the Installing page.
- After installing MinimWatch, it's a good idea to check the MinimServer log to see if there are any warning or error messages about problems found by MinimServer while scanning your music files. To do this, right-click the MinimWatch minim icon and select "Show log". A warning in the log means that MinimServer has found something wrong with a file, but has been able to read the file and make it available for browsing and playing. An error in the log means that MinimServer wasn't able to read the file. If you see a message you don't understand, you can get help by creating a new thread in the MinimServer support forum as described on the Support page.
- MinimServer will continue to run while the NAS is powered on, and it will restart automatically when the NAS is restarted.
- You can disable MinimServer from the App Center page. This stops MinimServer immediately and prevents MinimServer from starting when the NAS is restarted. MinimServer is still installed on the NAS, and you can re-enable it at any time from the App Center page. When you disable MinimServer, an archive containing diagnostic information is saved automatically as the file minimserver-diag.tar.gz in the Public share of the QNAP NAS.
Startup problemsIf you can't see MinimServer in a UPnP control point after it's been installed and enabled, here are some suggestions that may be helpful.
- Disable MinimServer from the App Center page, then re-enable MinimServer.
- If MinimServer still isn't running, leave MinimServer enabled and restart the NAS.
- If MinimServer still isn't running, install MinimWatch on another computer in your local network and start MinimWatch. If MinimServer has encountered an error while starting, you should see a red minim icon with a pop-up message describing the startup error. You may be able to get more information about the error by selecting "Show log" from the minim icon.
- If the MinimWatch minim icon is grey, please submit a problem report as described on the Support page. When describing the problem, please say which of the above steps you have tried and what the results were.
To uninstall MinimServer, go to the App Center page and remove the MinimServer package. This will stop MinimServer if it's running and will completely remove MinimServer from the NAS, including any configuration settings that you've created.