Installing MinimServer on an ASUSTOR NAS
The ASUSTOR installation package for MinimServer makes it easy to install MinimServer on an ASUSTOR NAS using the administration user interface (ADM).
Installing or updating MinimServer
You can install or update MinimServer on your ASUSTOR NAS by doing the following:
- Login to the NAS using your web browser and click App Central.
- In the Browse section of App Central, select Categories and select the Framework & Library category. If the JRE app isn't already installed, install it. If an update is available for the JRE app, apply the update.
- From the Downloads page, download the file MinimServer-0.8.4.6-arm.apk (for AS10 models) MinimServer-0.8.4-x86.apk (for AS-2xx and AS-3xx models) or MinimServer-0.8.4-x64.apk (for AS31/32 models, AS50/51 models, AS-6xx models, AS61/62 models amd AS70 models).
- Select Manual Install and install the file you downloaded in the previous step.
- The MinimServer icon will appear on your NAS desktop. Click this icon.
- Accept the MinimServer license and click Confirm. The MinimServer status web page will be displayed.
- If this a new installation of MinimServer, you need to enter a content directory. This is the folder on your NAS where your music files are stored. Follow the instructions on this page to use File Explorer to obtain the correct path and copy and paste it into the "Content directory" field on the status page. After you have pasted the content directory path, click the Update button.
- MinimServer will now scan all the music files under the content directory. Depending on how many music files you have, this might take some time. When this scan starts, the media server status on the MinimServer status page will change from Stopped to Starting. You can refresh the status page in your browser to see how the scan is progressing. When the scan is complete, the status will change to Running if the scan completed successfully or Error if a problem occurred.
- If the MinimServer status page is showing the media server status as Running, you should be able to see your MinimServer library in a UPnP AV control point.
- If your installation was successful, the final step is to install the current update to ensure you have the latest fixes and features. To do this, you need to install and run MinimWatch on another computer as described in the next section.
To update, configure and manage MinimServer, you need to install MinimWatch on another computer on your home network. This computer can be running Windows, Mac OS X or a Linux distribution with a graphical desktop (for example, Ubuntu).
For details of how to install MinimWatch on a Windows PC, see the Installing MinimWatch on Windows page. If you're installing MinimWatch on Mac OS X, see the Installing MinimWatch on Mac OS X page. If you're using Linux to run MinimWatch, see the Installing MinimWatch on Linux page.
If your MinimServer installation isn't at the current update level, MinimWatch will prompt you to install the current update. Follow the prompts to install this update and relaunch MinimServer. You might need to install more than one update to get to the current update level.
- When you start MinimServer, it will scan all the music files under the content directory that you configured during the installation process. Depending on how many music files you have, this might take some time. While this scan is in progress, MinimWatch will display a yellow icon with a minim symbol (musical note) in the system tray or menu bar. When the scan has finished successfully, the colour of the minim icon will change to green (transparent on Mac OS X). If MinimServer startup fails for any reason, the colour of the minim icon will change to red and you'll see a pop-up message describing the problem.
- It's a good idea to check the MinimServer log to see if there are any warning or error messages about problems found by MinimServer while scanning your music files. To view the log, right-click on the minim icon (left-click on Mac OS X) and select 'Show log'. A warning in the log means that MinimServer has found something wrong with a file, but has been able to read the file and make it available for browsing and playing. An error in the log means that MinimServer wasn't able to read the file. If you see a message you don't understand, you can get help by creating a new thread in the MinimServer support forum as described on the Support page.
- The MinimWatch minim icon pop-up menu provides a number of selections that you can use to configure and manage MinimServer. For information about these selections, see the Controlling MinimServer using the minim icon section of the User guide.
- You can use App Central to stop MinimServer. This stops MinimServer immediately and prevents it from starting when the NAS is restarted. MinimServer is still installed on the NAS and you can restart it at any time using App Central. If MinimServer is running when the NAS is restarted or shut down, it will be started automatically when the NAS restarts.
The MinimServer application data is stored in the
datasubfolder of the
MinimServershared folder and can be viewed by launching File Explorer from the ASUSTOR home page. Modifying the files in this folder can cause problems and is not recommended.
To uninstall MinimServer from your ASUSTOR NAS, select the Uninstall action from the MinimServer app in App Central (My Apps). Your MinimServer configuration settings will be retained in case you install MinimServer again later. To completely delete all MinimServer data from your NAS, use Access Control to remove the MinimServer shared folder.
For details of how to uninstall MinimWatch on a Windows PC, see the Uninstalling MinimWatch on Windows section. If you're installing MinimWatch on Mac OS X, see the Uninstalling MinimWatch on Mac OS X section. If you're using Linux to run MinimWatch, see the Uninstalling MinimWatch on Linux section.